For some reason people stay away from the plenum volume topic like its the devil and many point to the heads vs the intake setup.

Ive done many tests, changes with the indy mod man and with a hair over 2.5 inches worth of added space above the plenum almost makes it as easy to drive as an oem intake until WOT.

But I do feel most the std. al. heads are done in the 420 inch area.

My 410 is much more efficient then my 452 small block.

Still using early 360 blocks and the old DC X blocks the basic 422 with the std intake setup many use like 7200.

The mod man is still pulling hard at 7200 with 20% less air then most due to my altitude.

Slap on a mailbox sized plenum and work out a good carb sig. and many would see what the strokers really like.

Many talk about keeping the rpm low due to the side loading, yes a few blocks may split, but ive seen 10x more actual pics of broken eagle cranks then split blocks.

Actually id like to see the huge amount of split blocks posted as I see just as many stoke stroke 360 with cracked cylinder walls.

Does anyone have split block pics of there own to post and the combo used with the cause determined to be directly from the side loading.

Ive inspected/magged my 410 3 times, one time each year for the past 3 and still run the same calico coated bearings as I started with and the coated skirts still retain there coatings equally around the piston...so I wonder how much is hype and how much is just not making power at the higher rpms?

We see alot of holed bb pics/motors but it seems not so many small blocks

7190682-DSC08826[1].JPG (44 downloads)