Quote:

I'm using intake centerline method, when measuring at .050 valve lift does my dial need to be on the lifter or can it be on the valve retainer(factoring in my 1.5 ratio rockers)?
I keep coming up with the same TDC but @ .050 (dial on the valve retainer) I'm not getting anywhere near the 106 centerline on the cam card.
Any help is appreciated, Joe

checking the LSA can be done on the lifter or the retainer, checking the CAM SPECS. can ONLY be done on the lifter as that is what the cam grinder bases their specs on, cam lift at the liter, not at the retainer I like to do the LSA at the retainer as the motor knows what the valves are doing, it doesn't know what the lifter is doing The rocker ratio will make all the cam specs. read at the retainer wrong be the amount of the ratio, IE 1.5 ratio will have more lift and duration at the retainers than at the lifters, a 1.8 ratio will have even more BTW, I like to check the LSA on the exhaust sides to verify that the intake side and the exhaust sides are truly ground like the cam card calls for, IE if straight up on a 110 LSA both lobes should be in at 110, if advanced two degrees on the intake, in at 108 ATDC then the exhaust should be in at 112 BTDC IHTHs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)