Despite what you guys, most of you guys are saying. Im not asking you if this is a desierable 331, I know its not. Dont really care, its a freeking chopped cobbled together RAT ROD.

Back on track. That adapter for the 727 might be the ticket if I can convince him of going to the auto. Hes dead set on a manual. So If I do some measurements, I could make a plate on the back of the extended block/bellhousing thats flat, and make it mate to an 833 if the spacing is correct. Thats an idea, and would be cheaper than hacking off the rear of the block.

And the 331s without the extended bell are NOT EASY to find. 55 was the ONLY year for a 331 without it.

http://www.hothemiheads.com/hemi_info/hemi_engine_id.html

That being said, The only reason this engine isnt running is there is 2 stuck valves, well they arent stuck that badly. I have them freed up. and it had 1 hole that was barely stuck. Im gonna take it down to the bare block for him, check it all out, check for any cracks, do a valve job on the heads, get a gasket set, and have it freshened up. It will be the ONLY engine I dont clean up really nice and paint cause he wants "patina" LOL

Kasey