Hi Rich...hope all is well.

Why would they do that?? Why get rid of the shaft mounted oiling?? You can always modify the oiling system and turn it into pushrod oiling BUT you can not go in the other direction. Personality I like the shaft mounted oiling for a few reasons and on a street/strip engine it is by far easier. To me it is better to give the customer many options and let them decide what direction they want to go in and not force them to do something or buy something that they already have.

I know having two part numbers could be a pain but we are talking about one hole.... one machining process...offer that head in two versions, with or without shaft mounted oiling. sorry but just my

As for the Edelbrock lovers out there.... I'm sorry but W2s are a wonderful head and yes they are iron but think about that for a minute...
Run less compression and make more power. This means a lighter piston.
Much better intake and exhaust runner design.
Out of the box better flowing on both intake and exhaust ports.

I'm well aware of the draw backs of the W2 and to me there is not that many . Cost is a big one when your going from a running engine and want to adapt over to a W2 setup. If your staring from scratch you have to buy rockers, intake and headers anyway.

If you want to keep things simple the Edelbrock heads are hard to beat and they have a place in engine building. I do think there are some better options out there and that is where W2 can be fun!!

....there is nothing like driving my 1968 Hemi Dart around town and having people looking at you like you're nuts!!