Hey guys,

Putting my LA 360 back together and im reusing my old timing set. Its a Cloyes true street roller, and even when it was brand new the chain felt kinda sloppy...I re installed it the other day and im not sure im too happy with how it feels and was thinking of using a tensioner on the chain to take up the slack.

My worry is the reliability of these pieces (All I know of is the MP one...are there other brands?). I have read of some using them with great success and others saying that they get eaten up. My car sees upward of 3000 miles on the street every year, and lots of very hard driving on and off the track. Rpms will be under 7k. Not sure if any of this has a bearing on whether the tensioner will work ok in my application.

Is there any special install guidelines that anyone recommends when using them? special lube? effects on cam degreeing (already degreed the cam but can be done again if I should).

Just looking for some opinions on whether these are a good piece or if I should stay away from them and any tricks or things to watch out for when running them

Thanks
Matthew