By the time I took a die grinder to the u-bolts and removed them then slid the old spring out of the way... I realized I'd only bought 2 sets of shackle bushings.
"Dang it, the tops are shot too.." I groaned as I slid it out of the frame.
"I started to say something when we were at NAPA", Darryl commented, "But I didn't want to spend your money..."
So we used both sets on that spring, and bolted it into the car. That took the remaining adrenaline out of Darryl, and his long drive out was beginning to set in, so we showed him to Dale's spare bedroom so he could crash for the night.
I went back out to the truck to find Boone, Dale, and Wade working on the headlight and engine wiring, laying everything out to figure how much wire they needed. With the Belvedere out of commission, Boone was my ride back to his house, and I was ready to call it a night. He had started walking around tidying things up from the days work, and it didn't take much prodding to get him pull the plug on another day as well.

Friday morning started exactly as I thought it would. Dad woke us up to help him, Darren, and Jamie load the big Charger on Darren's open trailer, which was already hooked to Dale's 1 ton. We shoved it aboard, and held it while Darren hooked the front straps. Then Dad and Boone loaded the ramps, and all the new exhaust parts. Darren layed out the plan as to where to take the car, and where to pick up another stick of 3" stainless to finish everything. Then Jamie and him left for work, and Boone and I were trapped into helping Dad. We couldn't very well leave a 68 year old man driving a 3900 lb behemoth around on a trailer by himself, especially considering it had no brakes, and no interior. The 3 of us jumped in the truck and headed off to get the job done.
When we came around the corner, and made visual contact with the shop contracted to do the work...I knew we were in trouble. 4 inviting bays greeted us, one marked exhaust, one marked brakes etc., The building sat on a concrete slab that was eye level if you were standing in the street in front of it, and the asphalt drive was about 3 car lengths long..it was an 8% grade it if was any at all!!
"Guys", the muffler tech shook his head, "I'll be glad to put a system under that baby for ya, but I ain't pushing it up here on this rack!"
Well, at least we knew the score...
"Boone, we got one shot, you're gonna have to turn it out of the road, line it up, and then get back here and help."
"Alright", he said as we pushed it off the trailer and stained just to get it stopped, "But we have to get up some speed!"
Dad and I pushed from the back, and Boone pushed from the drivers door as he steered, miraculously he got it straight as we headed for the rack. When we hit the ramp to the four post lift the skinny front tires bounced up without too much trouble, but we were loosing momentum. Dad and I both turned to put our backs into it grabbing the back bumper, and I heard Boone slam the door and join us, we muscled it up until the rear tires started up the short ramp..it stopped, then sarted to inch back...my quad muscles started to shake like jello, as I accepted my fate of being run over by a 73 Charger. At that moment Mr. muffler decided we were close enough and put his shoulder into the equation. The car lurched onto the rack in a final heave, and Dad hit the ground, rolled over and looked under the car, and said, "Yeah...I think that's good, we made it..." we all started laughing as we helped him up.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines