Darren showed up from work shortly thereafter, and he recruited Boone and Dad to help him go retrieve the Charger. Apparently it didn't take much coaxing, because the new arrangement of those 2 helping Dale on the Gremlin had NOT went well while Darryl and I were touring Tulsa.
Dale's side went something like "I give them something to do, and they never finish it, then they come over and want me to look at something, and I'm trying to do these headers".
Boone's side went something like, "He gives us one thing to do, then when we hit a snag, he puts us on something else, instead of working through it...and all he really wants to do is mess with the headers.
There was a header throwing incident, with scatches on Boone's leg to denote the final resting spot, but both parties are being pretty mum on the details...

I had been fielding phone calls all day from my buddy Mike. He was my Engine builder/best friend/racing buddy for more than 8 years in Phoenix, until a divorce drove him out of the Valley of the Sun, to Tulsa. He wanted me to join him and his new Wife for Supper at a local restruant, and I kept telling him I had too much left to do. He finally volunteered to come over Saturday and help, if we'd take the time to visit. So Darryl and I took the Belvedere for a test drive to the restruant of Mike's choosing. Darryl had wanted to go to the track instead, but an ominous storm had blown in throwing dust and debris everywhere, and the rain started just as we left, luckily the wipers, and the passenger's side seatbelt worked, or he would have had more ammunition to use against me!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines