Boone and I were woke up Wednesday morning with Dad standing over us.
"Thought you boys wanted to get an early start...it's already 7:15!"
I was immediately drug back to the days of our youth, when he'd roist us out of bed Saturday mornings to go cut wood or haul hay.
He was met with the same groan as 30 years earlier, "C'mon Dad! We had a long day yesterday..."
"I've been up for an hour..let's move!"
Some things in life, just never seem to change!

It was well after 8 by the time we arrived at Dale's to start work. I started deciding how I was going to re-route the shielded wire from the distrubutor to the Digital 6 plus. Last year it was too close to the alternator wiring, and I was getting interference when the lights were on and the charging system was under a load.
"Thought you were getting an alignment this morning?" Boone interjected.
"When I called Sams yesterday, he said they are first come, first serve, and open at 8. So I'll try to get there early tomorrow morning, and get a jump on it...today, I just wanna hear the thing fire!"
62 Valiants have a larger cowl/wiper area than later versions, so I decided to run the wire through this void, and drill a hole just above where the box is mounted on the inside. I borrowed Boone's truck to go get fuel in a 5 gallon jug, and pick up some ice for the cooler...Tulsa felt just as hot as Phoenix, with a serious dose of humidity and I was mowing through lifewater and powerade at an alarming clip.
Once I returned and dumped the fuel in the cell, I hit the big 250gph electric pump, and immediately heard liquid hitting the steel runners on the trailer...not good!
I noticed Boone was walking around the Truck having an animated conversation on his cell phone.
"What's up?" I approached him.
"That was Darren, he has the parts from the truck..only one fender was re-worked, the door and other fender is untouched, and he wants me to come to his work and pick them up".
"You don't need them at this minute, why doesn't he just bring them by when he gets off?"
"He says they won't fit in his Dakota..."
"Geez, like your shortbed 1/2 ton has any more room?"
"It is what it is..." and he stomped off towards the Pick-up.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines