I used one on 2 engines now. works great, very easy to use. don't over spin them on the speed, or you'll find a dingle berry or 2 will pull through the middle, and you'll get one really long and one really short ball opposite of each other.

oil up the stones, spin it slowly as you stab it in the hole, keep it at a 100-200 rpm while going up and down in the hole 10-12 strokes. pay attention to your cross hatch pattern, and adjust your stroke speed to match your RPM for a nice 45 degree cross hatch. After I've done the 10-12 stroke and get a good fresh cross hatch, I like to do 3-5 strokes while spinning the drill backwards, then wipe it down with paper towels and ATF to get all the grit and grime out of the cylinder. then wash the whole block with soapy water, dry it, wipe everything down with ATF again, then start assembly!

For what the local machine shop charges for a hone job, I'll just buy a ball flex hone and do it myself. already the purchase of the hone has paid for itself, by doing 2 engine blocks with it.

**Photobucket sucks**