Back in the 80's I ran a 413 at around 10:1 calculated compression on 93 octane gas. It was finicky about whose 93 octane it liked, with a cam smaller than any mentioned here.

Iron vs aluminum, I have not seen any scientific information regarding aluminum's "ability" to tolerate a higher compression ratio. I did see a comparison between two SBC aftermarket heads with the only relevant difference being iron vs aluminum and neither of them knocked at about 10 to 1 ratio on 91. However, I would not use that as any sort of guide for any other head out there, especially a different make's.

The key, I think, is dynamic compression. Lot's of overlap will effectively lower the compression ratio making it live better. IOW, an engine with a small cam will like ping before the same engine with a larger overlap cam.

A good idea would be to see what someone else is running that works and copy it. Even a cam change will skew the results so you are likely to find that close enough is not (close enough).

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.