That early set of heads that Dwyane did were a set I got from Brandon to do some " testing" on and give him some fedback at the time. They did not equally flow with Edelbrocks out of the box.

Guys, this isnt Earth shattering news here. ANY head of this level, can be improved upon with some work. I think overall, the Ebrocks are a touch better witht he valve jobs, guide sizing and such, but I also believe the Stealths have gotten better. I'll have a few more sets here shortly of the " newer" breed, and will find out first hand.

Whatever you do, dont ever even consider wasting your time flowing from one bench to another. Unless the heads were flowed by the same knowledgable operator, then forget it. Too many reasons that cant be compared.

Bottom line, its your money, spend it the way you want. Take them to a professional and you will see results with bowl work, valve job and chamber work. Guys like Dwyane have spent a fair portion of their life studying what works and what doesnt, as have I.
Make your decisions accordingly. The Stealths have probably made it reasonable for many people to updgrade to a newer head, rather than having to re-build old cast iron. They have their place, Ebrocks have theirs, and then you get into true race quality offerings, which shouldnt be combined in the same category.

Based on some very current information I just got yesterday, even Edelbrock doesnt consider the RPM series of head a race oriented piece. ( I cant publicly explain why that came up with them)and I dont blame them. We MAKE them a race piece by doing all the porting work and so forth, but they were never ever intended to be a race piece. Being the mad scientists we are, we automatically make them that..

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.