You can get as many features as you can afford.
At the top of the heap I would put Electromotive and for a couple of thousands you can get a completely solid state ignition with individual coils or one for every two plugs. Advance is strictly electronic and the timing is off a wheel on the crank.

Now for the underfunded like me there are several good ones. The MP high perf distributor is essentially a Mallory and the adjustable advance feature is great. No one can argue, either, with MSD's line of distributors. I am old school and am using Accels and so far no problems at all. I'd put a Pertronix conversion of a stock distributor a layer or two below because a better advance curve can do wonders. That means for a Pertronix conversion you should really rework the distributor to have a better advance curve.

For spark boxes there are four that I would trust. My favorite is the Accel 300+ box and coil. It's digital, compact, uses less amperage than some of the others, has a built in settable rev limiter, and has lasted 130,000 miles under the hood of my '93Sub where it is really roasty. Like, you can't put your hand on the hood after driving. In second place is the MSD 6 in any of its forms, my '64Dog is running a used 6A or 6200 that I bought on the 'bay for $40. Third because I haven't used it is the Crane HI-6. I think it's a pretty super box. Fourth again I haven't used it is the Mallory Hy-Fire whatever the latest version is. I would use the matching coil with any of these boxes. I use an old Jacobs chrome coil on my '64Dog because it works.
The MSD Street Fire is like the 6A except with less spark energy available, made in USA and may be a good choice but with 6As going for $50 used I can't get too excited about it.

Summit and ProComp may be great but I wouldn't put my trust in them because they are built down to a price in China AFAIK. My road trips are usually 600 miles and I wouldn't want to be in the middle of nowhere (Monument Valley, for one) in the middle of the night with one.

For wires most any spiral core wire will do, I use BWD wires in my '93Sub, a combination of Accel and MSD wires in the Dog, and Magnecor in my higher end vehicles. If you ever install a set of Magnecors you will know what I mean. They're the nicest plug wires I have ever installed. They cost more but IMHO they're worth it. Also you should go to the Magnecor website to find out how plug wires really work. Hint: DC resistance, ohms/ft, has about nothing to do with it.

There is my ignition wrapup.
R.