Quote:

For what its worth - and realizing dealer brochures are not especially authoritative - but both the 67 and 68 Barracuda dealer brochures show the cam specs for all the available engines and both years show the 383 as having the 256/260 cam with .425/.437 lift.

Then the 69 Barracuda brochure has no cam specs for any engine.

I really don't understand why no one has documented this by now. I'm too far away from Detroit to do it myself but surely there are some records somewhere or someone who worked on bringing the big block A's to market that would remember. Plenty of documentation for Hemis, Max Wedges, A12's, or even relatively common 383 and 440 4-barrel B bodies. But no one knows anything about the big block A's? Can explain the horsepower ratings of A vs B? Or even answer the very simple question, what cams were used in what years?

I don't have a scanner but in my 1969 Dodge service manual for Charger/coronet/Dart on page 9-96 ... engine specifications ... under Valve Timing is shows 2 different cam specs for 383's one is marked Dart & Superbee and it's specs are the same as 440 with Power Pack, duration is 268/284 , lift is .450/.458