Quote:

Your car does not have power steering, John! I will say one thing, I have never compared B-Body 383's with A-Body 383 in 1967 because I have never cared about 67 B-body's! I have never referenced anything between a B-Body and an A-Body, but thanks for pointing it out. What is the CFM rating of a B-Body AFB compared to an A-Body, anyone got that info? Are you 100% sure that the A-Body and B-Body camshaft were the same?

Jim I think the C body manifold would clear the power steering box also ??

Anyhow I just looked at NHRA spec for 67, there is no note differentiating the A body 383 form any other.

They show 5 different 383's, 2 rated at 270HP , Chrysler is stand alone from Dodge and Plymouth, with a different cam spec for the Chrysler along with a different piston spec pertaining to dish volume and piston height, these are 2bbl motors. ONE 280HP engine with a .430/.443 lift , which is the same cam as the 270 motor in the Dodge and Plymouth and 2 325HP motors again Chrysler separated from Dodge and Plymouth and using the same .430/.443 cam.

BUT they show 2 different 280HP engines , Dodge being different than Plymouth pertaining to the Carb allowed. The Carb on the Plymouth appears to be the same size as the 325HP engine but a different part number, the Dodge appears to have a smaller carb with secondary size being smaller ????

Specs can be found here, I'm still looking at 68 .

NHRA Blueprint specs

Yes I know that this is not to be taken as factory built Gospel.

The 68 specs are foggy as to Carbs as all the 4bbl engine; 300HP, 330HP, and 335 HP spec the same carb . The 300HP, 330HP and the 2bbl all spec the same cam ... same cam as 67... , 335HP is a different cam.

Last edited by JohnRR; 01/18/12 01:37 PM.