Quote:

413 Coronet, the 67 383 manifold is indeed a low rise compared to the 68-69.

I agree. It is not low rise compared to 67 B body 383 intakes.

Quote:

I have owned 4-67 383 Darts and I have no idea where you got your information. They were indeed rated at 280 HP and the drivers side exhaust manifold was restricted due to it having to wrap around the steering column.

I don't disagree with anything you say here, but IMHO, there is no way the 67 A body manifolds are 45 horsepower worse than the 67 B body 383 logs - especially on a 300-or-so horsepower engine. In fact, I don't think they are any worse, because the 67 B body logs are pretty bad, but I haven't flowed them or dynoed them to know for sure; just my opinion.

Quote:

In 1968 the manifold was opened up a little more and again in 1969, hence the different part numbers for each year.

I recognize that the 68 A body 383's driver's side exhaust manifold is different than the 67's. But the 69 driver's side is the same as the 68 driver's side. And the passenger side is the same all three years. I get this information from Galen's White Book. Is his info wrong?

Quote:

Also the AFB in 67 had less CFM than the AVS in 68 and 69.

I agree here, too. Did I say anything different? Some of the comments posted above yours have suggested there were differences between A and B body 383's other than the exhaust in any given year; I don't believe that my comments ever implied that there were no differences between A body 383's from one year to the next. The most differences were between 67 and 68 (carb, heads, intake manifold, driver's side exhaust manifold, and probably pistons); the only differences I'm aware of between 68 and 69 A body 383's are the cam and also the 69's were upgraded to 2-1/2" exhaust pipes.