Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He says it ran 146 mph last year in the quarter.It was a 499 10 to 1 compression 700+ lift but less then 800 with the indy sr non max wedge in a 3300 lb dart. I think he was streching the truth some what do you guys think. Isn't that like 750hp to run that fast ib that car? From some of the post about big block it doesn't seem like thats what you guy get out of them.

In the mid 90s we had a 440-1 on a 499ci with about 12-1 static and net intake lift of .687 IIRC. A 3280# 69' Barracuda on SS springs and footbrake w/9" J converter went 145.80 in average ATCO air (maybe 1500ft).

Drove that car on the street as much, or more than any low 9sec N/A car in the country for 4 years, I'll bet.

Thats a good running street car, now with less head, less compresion and same weight do you think you could go faster? Thats what I was running late 90s and early 2000s with pump gas and a small block on spray. It was only 385 cuin with edelbrock rpm heads. Wish I never took that motor apart had a lot of fun with it driving all over the place.

Good question.....

Depends. We know alot more today than we knew in 94'.