I have been thinking about the alternator dark blue wire and I do not see where it ties into the ignition circuit. It appears to go from the alternator to the bulkhead. I don't see a schematic that shows the alternator wire connecting to the ignition wiring under the hood.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MSD RED wire calls for the "original coil "+" terminal" wires. This would be the twin brown wires according to this schematic. I tested the twin brown wires last night for both RUN and START voltages and that connection did show both voltages.

I have tried the following and still I got the ammeter and both voltage gauges bouncing:
- Blue RUN wire and Brown (single wire) START wire (idled and started fine but had the bouncing electrical gauges.
- Blue RUN wire and Brown (single wire) START wire connected to the twin brown wires (idled and started fine but had bouncing gauges.
- I have not tested just the two twin brown wires.

So I have tested the two wires together and then tested the four wires together and both combinations are giving me the ammeter bouncing around on the "+" side and the voltage guages bouncing around from 12-16 volts.

Any suggestions?
Please keep in mind that all three gauges were fine before I made the ignition box swap.
Thanks

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)