Quote:

I agree with 23T. The pan would be ok to keep drips off the garage or trailer floor. If the engine comes apart most of the oil and water will be violently expelled out the side(s) and the drip pan will likely not catch or contain much (even with an absorbent pad). When the mph is getting up there the turbulent air will really blow the liquids around.

I'm going to build a belly pan since my car is a chassis car. I don't run the big numbers and have never hurt an engine on the big end so I'm not real concerned, in fact even the two catastophic failures I have experienced in my lifetime (over 36 years) never put a drop of fluid on the track. Big horsepower engines may explode and shed parts and that's why they need a ballistic diaper but my junk doesn't do that and I would say that most cars running in the 8 to 9 second range aren't going to be shrapnel producers either, well unless they are Chevies or on nitrous.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.