While V21 does not show as a separate line in the pricing guide, it would be very easy to fill in the line on the order sheet (car specification schedule) as it has boxes at the top right for V codes (V with a blank for fill in).
If the logic followed that it was not orderable, no GTXs should have V21 (or all should). I have a 71 Xs in my records that have V21 on the standard hood and some that do not (non-N96 hood indent pinstripes)....both fender tag and broadcast sheet codes. If this was only available with the A87 (ROAD RUNNER decor package) then there should be no way a standard hood GTX would have the pinstripes (or all should if it was standard GTX).
Without getting into the fender tag coding differences between build plants, I can tell you that the V21 code is not dependent on build plant, and I have a good mix of N96 cars from all plants with and without V21 on the tags.

Quote:

On the engineering drawings -
0 = all
**** so the "MODEL" line would read G/R-0-23 1971/Plymouth B-body-ALL-2 door hardtop RM23 (Road Runner) & RS23 (GTX)

$ = extra-cost OPTION

I also agree that the drawing & Plymouth's "intent" was to have the vent area of the "AIR GRABBER" hood (behind the insert) painted with "organisol". The issue that is clouding the topic is V21 or "our" interpretation of what it is.

1 - I can find no evidence of V21 being an orderable OPTION (with or without cost)
2 - It is included with OPTION A87 $85.60 on Road Runners - "Road Runner Decor package"
3 - Road Runners & GTXs were assembled at 3 different plants in '71 - coding differed from plant-to-plant & during the year

addict:to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively ....hmmmm