Quote:

Probably a good idea...I saw one fail a month ago...but whether one believes they fail more often than some other brands, or not, they are still cheaply built and don't flow as well as better brands...all one has to do is cut one open and cut open a good brand and compare how small the oil passages are from the inlet holes to the filter media. Then cut open a Wix, Baldwin, etc. and see the difference.

Price does dictate quality! Fram as well as any of the above mention companies ,all make a cheeper 'line ' of filters, all for the consumer to decide what filter fits their needs.
We in the racing world/ street cars that have hard earned money on motors tend not to run a 'cheeper 'filter.Then it get down to who ever your best friend says, or that's the oil filer my dad run, best yet , the ol display sitting on the counter trick,, take a cheeper filter , put it up against top of the line stuff, guess what? You just fell into the marketing world of sales! then you say, well they have all this info of their filter does this, and it's 10 x better than that one.
best piece of advice , change your oil in timely manner, 3-5000 range. Always change filter(of your choice),don't forget the air filter and breather filter, try to keep as clean of air going into the motor as possiable. put in a decent grade of oil, look at your oil, see whats in it, I always run a magnetic oil drain bolt, I also run a synthetic oil, most of these newer cars , I highly recommend it. but it's your choice.