Quote:

I find it amusing thinking that 1/2 the oil filter "experts" who make adamant unconditional opinions here probably couldn't even rebuild a Briggs & Stratton...

"Nothing is more dangerous than a man who read a book once"

Reminds me of the Corvette forums where 9/10ths of the members wouldn't know which end of a screwdriver to use will run epic threads on "best waxing procedures".

Not one person has asked timcuda about his 440 or how it will be used.
Once a week to the Dairy Queen car show?
Sub 11 all out runs every weekend?

I'll take a shot at the fact that he could buy the cheapest oil filter at Walmart on sale and his engine would not be affected one iota.

YES! I know there have been threads opinionating what a POS the cheapest Fram is. If I had one on the shelf while doing an oil change on my DD, I wouldn't hesitate a second to put it on.

The guy asks a question and another uses the forum for a "soapbox" oration on how He feels about reading vs doing.( and without sound documentation attempts to insult 1/2 the site members) What has that got to do about recommending a good oil filter? I've read that putting a 357 magnum to one's temple and pulling the trigger will most likely blow one's brains out..seems logical but I'm not going to try it. And it doesnt't make Me an "expert" on the subject because (per His logic) I never did it.