Well just the same old story!!! Started at 15 running my dads 70 Charger at TNTs.It was a 4sp car and was a ball.Bob Reed lived about 2 miles down the road.It was all dowm hill from there!!! My first car that I got at 11 years old is my 68 Dart I still have it today.Mopars,Super stock and Pro Stock have been my life since I was a small kid.
Bob wanted me to build a SS car but their was this new thing called Street Car Racing(KOS).I was driving my Dart everyday to school and work.It had a 440 and was a fast street car.So in the spring of 96 went the the Rock to see if I had what it took!The KOS cars were the sickest cars in the land.I ran that race and had WOOD for days after,LOL.I was runner up to Andy Mayes.I was hooked.He had the record at 9.80s and I went 10.00s.Not bad for a cast crank 440 with some NOS.I got the bug and only missed one race in all the years of the KOS.Now keep in mind I was only 18 years old!!!
I gave the better half of my life working on that old black BI_TH.
The best the car ever went was 8.60s ,I always built everything on the car,EVERYTHING!!!
Started working on a Super Stock car with Bob for Ronnie Sox to drive and the Hemi fever set in!!!I made it a goal to have a SS Hemi before I was 30.I made the first pass in the Hemi at 28 years old.2 kinds of people,those that got Hemis and those that want a Hemi!!!!

The shop had blowed up with work around this time so I parked the Dart and started building and driving my cutomers cars.It keeped me busy but not the same as running my own car.I have owned about 60 cars over the years from Max Wedge to Hemis.The Dart is stiil in the corner!!I built the Dakota last year to make a come back but life has kicked me in the nuts all year.My mother passed at the age of 53 in March.She was in perfect health.Had a massive heart attack.I closed my shop up after 10 years.The 4 kids keep me running all over the place so racing took a back seat this year.Next year I'am coming out balls to the wall!!!

So for a half A$$ body man with a burning passion it has been a HELL of a ride so far!!!!
Thanks Lenny

Last edited by 8secDart; 11/14/11 12:03 AM.