Wow. All of a sudden, I don't feel so old. I turned 54 this year and started racing in 1984, with my car. I had driven my best friends '70 383 'cuda 4 speed a few times.
I raced quite a bit until 1995, when I parked everything. I wouldn't have admited back then, but I had gotten burned out. Through out a divorce, marriage, changing jobs and moving half way across Tennessee, I managed to hang on to all my "stuff". At the urging of my new wife, I dragged all my stuff out in 2007 and updated eveything and went back racing in 2008. I managed to win a few gamblers races and runner upped in a super pro race that first year back.
Since returning to racing in 2008, not counting gamblers races, I have been to 13 final rounds, winning 6 of them. This year has been capped off by finnishing 5th in Pro (1/8th mile footbrake), 3rd in Sportsman (1/4 mile footbrake) points at Bristol, and winning my first "Wally". All this with one car.
And Valerie is still glad she "pushed" me back into racing. It don't get no better.

Brian Dunnigan