Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Probably because he is using the wrong plugs , that looks a later 452 , Police/motorhome head and it takes the 5/8" hex tapered seat plug , I used an AR24 autolite.

huh? I've had many sets of 452 heads and none had this goofy nub that prevented me from using normal spark plugs. And they all had the casting number 452 on them. Does anybody know what is the significance of this casting number?

So if this is the case then he has an NOS head that has NEVER been installed and run, ???

what plug is he trying to install? What plugs did you use?

There are 2 flavors of 452's , one uses the flat set 13/16" hex plug , like and autolite 85 , then there is the peanut plug head that uses the tapered seat plug with no gasket, this head has the extra cooling passages on either side of the plug that allow water flow across the back of the chamber. The later blocks that had these heads also have holes in the deck. The 440 I did for another member uses these heads and the block that was used also had the holes in the deck saving me from having to add them.

I had a hard time finding the proper plug for the peanut plug heads as none of the parts book I looked in at many parts stores listed it.

wow, I'm learning something here. I thought the heads with the extra cooling passages were the 213 heads, I still am baffled by the casting number he found on these. I have a couple of the industrial 413's with the giant water pump and all that stuff stashed in the pile out back, maybe I'll dig them out and look closer for this deal here.

The story on this was that this friend of mine (Chevy guy making a foray into the Mopar world) bought someone's unfinished Charger project from Craigslist or something like that, and the guy he bought it from had some health issue and has since departed. So talking to whoever put this together to find out what's going on is not an option, we won't be able to learn what the history of this engine is by any method other than deciphering the clues in front of us. That means casting numbers and measurements only. He lives a few hours away and I've never laid my eyes on this engine, I guess I'll have to go out there some weekend and see what I can see. Weird.

Isn't this the way it always goes? You put a Mopar in a Chevy guy's hands and calamity ensues, every time.