Quote:

Are u sure the pistons are 7/32" in the hole? That's over .200", if it's a 74 motor with stock pistons they maybe 7/64" in the hole which would make more sense. As these engines were about 7.8:1 compression, the closed chambered heads would bring it into the realm of half decent compression, probably in the high 8's? Still plenty safe for pump gas. But since you are having it sleeved are u putting in new pistons or reusing the old ones? It sounds like this is just a throw together engine until the stroker is done so I say use them if they check out okay and the port work isn't a total hack job.

I really don't know how good the port work is. They look evenly matched and very clean. I am not sure on the pistons. You may be right. Didn't measure. The engine shop guy said that he guessed they were 8.1 compression from the carbon build up around the tops of the cylinder walls. I was planning to reuse the pistons. If I have to go the new piston route, that block gets sold and the stroker gets built. LOL the guy that built that motor had half the rings upside down and backwards...

A throw together engine, that it is. Hope to run it for a year, build the stroker and sell it off.

I’m listening.