Quote:

Well I have received a few emails and PM's about my new car. Many of you here have seen it many times on here. I bought Chris Costanza's 68 Barracuda.

Most of you know the particulars but a quick recap. It is a stock front suspension ladder bar rear car built by Phil Mandella of PMR Racecars. For those who do not know he is probably one of the best chassis builders in the country for this type of car. The chassis is very nice and look forward to putting it threw it's paces. The engine is a 498" Hemi 99 that well makes a bit of power. It is backed by a Rossler built TH210 with a 7" A1 convertor and all backed up by a 9" rear. No money was spared to build the car and frankly this is what we were wanting to do with my old Valiant when I decided to sell it and concentrate on the Cuda.

I have had the car for a few weeks. We have pretty much taken it apart and put her back together again. Just wanted to "get acquainted" with her a little better. I can tell you there is some pretty trick stuff inside a Hemi 99 for sure. We have a few gremlins to fix right now but are workign hard trying to get them fixed. We of course will continue to make changes and try and improve upon what is already a very very nice piece. I salute Chris for his vision and hopefully we can make it come true, well if the class stays around that is. We hope to make the Mopar guys proud of this little all motor Hot Street car at the Street Car Supernationals in November. Anyway just wanted to share a picture or two, sorry dont have many of it for those who have asked what's up.

Oh yeah we still have the other one as well. Unless anyone wants to trade me a Mopar Top Sportsman operation for two nice Cudas

Hey Al, nice car man! I saw you on the entry list for the SCSN and thought something was up. You said you want to trade for a Top Sportsman operation? All you have to do is throw a full chassis under that car and you are there, low 7's easy. You mentioned that you may put a different motor in it if the class doesn't work out, well if you do be sure to let me know if you want to sell the Hemi.

But, other than that good luck. I might try and go out to Vegas next month and watch the Renterias, and now you give me another mopar to check out. Good luck!