Quote:

You have to get the part numbers and look them up to get the output. It is not listed on the alternator.

Look for the pre-Magnum engines for a V-belt high output alternator. They're easy to spot. Look for the half-size alternator body.
You will have to trim the output stud a wee bit and tweak your brackets for the belt to line up.

I've been running one for years on the hot rod. It handles the monster Mercedes cooling fan, EFI system, 1000 watt Kenwood amp, power inverter for the laptop, and all kinds of other stuff.

I ran a 4 gauge wire from the output stud to the starter relay.
Since the fan flashes to 59 amps on startup I wired it directly to the alternator.

Nice information. I guess if I get a 90-92 alternator it should have the 2v pulley on the vans and trucks. If it is later or a Dakota it will have the serp pulley. The 87-89 trucks and vans have a 3 year only high output alternator right? The ones I am looking for is this one correct?

Now for the regulator...I see them listed for the pre 1992 but is there one for the ones after 1992? I thought the alternators all have external regulators up to like 1999.