OK, after this, I will finally drop it but I was just asking you to say what you would do if you were going to restore that car? You say not but you have been trying to rationalize the overspray on your "valence" for a couple of months? I think it's a real restoration question that has gone unanswered in two posts now. There are really three questions here for you Grandpa:
• If the red car above was your car, would you restore the overspray above the lip?
• If you could not document that the car came that way,
would you do it that way because it may have been painted
that badly by a careless overpaid union line worker?
• It's not your fault and I may be way off base but why did
someone with Paul Jacobs experience get overspray on your
expensive paint job with no documentation if that is the case,
resulting in you losing a point that may have cost you an
award?

Grandpa, this is not to be critical. It's just to get to the bottom of the points you are trying to make. Everyone posting has answered your questions. The judges at the Mopar Nats had no choice regarding the overspray but definitely could have been more lenient on the battery cable. The radials and wrong wheels on the other car are just wrong. Your car is beautiful. I would not hesitate to enter in judged shows. They are not going to be like Mopar Nats....although, if you take the comments to heart, you could get a perfect score next year. You may win first everytime and you may not but it's all good.

Last edited by RoadRunnerJD; 10/07/11 11:32 PM.