Quote:

Quote:

This is a survivor picture that Bill sent to me of his '69 RR survivor car. If a painter was in a pit beneath the car how in the world did he get paint on the bottom lip of the radiator support? Was there a guy in a pit and one on top? Inquiring minds want to know.

Here's a question, if yours came like that and you were doing a rotisserie paint job, would you duplicate the terrible looking overspray paint above the lip? If you duplicated it in a resto, would you keep a photo of it to show the judges that it came that way? If you didn't know it came that way, would you want yours to look like that because it might have come that way? Same way of thinking about the top of your grill
support. I don't see any overspray on top of the grill
support in the photo...that was your original question. Nobody has acknowledged seeing one with the overspray like yours. Are you really satisfied with having yours that way?

It's not about my car and I am not trying to make a defense for how it was restored. My car will never go to another judged show so it doesn't make a difference to me. It's about how they were painted and from the pictures I've seen so far some were painted awful and some were not. I just don't think there was a standard as there are way too many variations. But again, was there a guy in a pit and a guy on top? From the pictures I've seen it appears that this might have been the case. I'm trying to learn more and more about the procedures which I hope will help others learn something new too.