Quote:

Mike,Todd's build sheet says the pistons are .008 in the hole @ TDC..Fel Pro 1009 head gasket,with compressed thickness of .039..volume as 9.9 cc's. The cam at that time was a Scott Brown solid with 252/244 duration,with a 112 LSA,and ICL of 107. He's got the CR listed as 10.211. How much,if any..would this Comp cam change the "original" compressional ratio,when he put it together? Thanks for ALL your responses,Mike! I REALLY appreciate! Forgot to mention that the bore is actually a .040 over...4.360"

Cheeze, with those numbers the comp comes in even lower to about 9.75

There will be no static change difference in compression between the two cams. Just a dynamic change.

The diiference in the static compression numbers between mine 9.75 and Todds 10.2 can be just the use of a diiferent calculaters.

Jeff is right about not being able to use the .050 numbers to accurately figure cranking comp. But to have a true 185# with a 9.8 to 10.2 comp with a 260* @ .050 cam is far enough out that I suspect a guage problem.

Lets see what Mikes gauge reads. You do have a SQ cam with fast ramps, but I doubt they are closing soon enough to net you that 185* psi.