Quote:

Quote:

Does anyone know what the difference in P.S.I. would be checking a cold engine...as opposed to one that's warmed up,like it should be? I did a check on my 440 this afternoon,without first warming it up! My average was 185psi. Thanks in advance! Randy

If it's still fresh there won't be much difference. As a general rule I only use a compression check to determine the state of health of a cylinder when compared to the others. Otherwise a leak down test is a much better tool.

You can also use it to check the general health of your motor if you have a comp. test history - I do a test about every 30 - 35 runs. You gotta do the test EXACTLY the same each time. Cold, throttle open, 5 pumps, and cranking rpm is critical. I do one bank and then recharge the battery for about 10 minutes before I do the other bank. Also as stated, I have seen guages vary as much as 15 psi. Doesen't matter much as long as you use the same gauge. I also suggest you stick with a cold test. Hot just throws in another variable that's hard to control. JMHO.

Fastest 300