Quote:

Quote:

Couple of facts about the current car from this past year.
3670 lbs 46.5% rear weight. (no weight in trunk)
Caltracs running .05 gap. Rancho shocks work best at 3-5. Have to hit the tire HARD
Front end travel is 5.5 inches and it’s very loose.
30x9 Hoosier DO5 slick on an 8” rim. Have 1/4-3/8 clearance each side before rubbing. Tire psi works best at 12.5 no tubes.
505 cubes, 640 roller .272 @ .050 with Rick Allison cross ram
Low gear set with 4.10 gears.
On a new good tire it 60 foots 1.44 /1.47 – that goes away after about 35 runs
Car runs 10.5’s

Using the Wallace calculator,,,for your car,,running 10.50's,,it predicts a 60' of 1.44-45 ( seems close to what you posted )

http://www.wallaceracing.com/calc60ft.php

The calculator is pretty spot on for my car ,,,and ET.

I run Caltrac's ,,, and keep chipping away at my ET with weight loss, shocks, convertor adjustment, carb squirters, timing, tire pressure, etc,,,and have been able to get from a 10.26 down to a 10.04,,,and the 60' improves as my ET improves,,,1.43-44,,,down to a 1.39-1.41
(451, solid cam, Edelbrock RPM heads, dominator, 456 Dana, 31 x 10.5 tire/tubes, caltracs, ranchos, etc)

good luck with the car,,,ps,,,GREAT pic in the original post,,,wheels up,,,

Doug

I agree about the Wallace calculator , should be close.
I put a RacePak in the car mid year and the G forces and drive shaft speed show a considerable amount of wheel spin on my 9inch Hoosiers. Been trying to reduce the vertical lines for months…….. The 60s only last 30-35 passes then drop to high 40s to low 50s. I think those Hoosiers are taking a beaten with my weight etc….

I’m planning on mini tubing it anyway this winter and the ladders wouldn’t be all that much more work. I have a very good friend that is a chassis builder and my brother also has built his fair share.

Thanks for all your input on the HHR fan and water pump, works great!

thanks to all for the input