Over labor day weekend I broke a timing chain on my 512 Looked at everything closely could not find a reason for it to break cam turns freely no push rod interferance etc figured I just got a bad chain and replaced it with a roll master timing set this time when I got it running today decided I would spend a little time trying to lower oil pressure I dont figure it really needs 85-90 psi at a hot idle pump is a mellings high volume not a high pressure pump removed bypass spring and replaced it with one from a stock pump that lowered pressure down to 75 psi hot idle would think about 40 psi would be more then enough and probley about right and about 80 through traps before I start cutting springs does anybody have any suggestions on how to lower pressure and the big question could this have caused my timing chain failure alittle info bearing clearance is about .003-.0035 and Im running 20-50 brad penn maybe I should go to a 10-30 or is that high of pressure good.With my chevies I always followed the 10 psi to 1000 rpm rule wth alittle extra for assurace.Oh and my filter is a wix hp.