Quote:

Quote:

Put in lighter oil first and see where its at... all
that pressure is just eating power

Quote:

Swap in a standard volume pump. You are just wasting power recirculating oil with that high volume pump.

I'm not buying that argument at all.

I tried a back to back run deal years ago.

Ran the car with max oil pressure and 20W-50 oil.. 100 psi.

Then drained the oil and put in 10W-30 in it. (both synthetic and same brand).. Also backed off the oil pressure with the adjustable spring. 70 psi.

The car went actually slower by .005.. And that was just due to the difference in DA..

You may see a difference on the dyno, but you wont see anything on the race track..

Just my

Chris..

Chris it is not the pressure that is killing power IMO. It is the larger gear-rotor. No matter if you bypass the oil or alow it through the engine the oil is still pumped somewhere. If you do not need the large gear-rotor of a high volume to make oil pressure go back to a stock pump. You can tighten the clearances of the stock pump too. They are sloppy.

I tried a lower releif on my engine made no differnce. Changed the pump pulley and the idle pressure was lower as well as mid range. But, at high RPM the pressure was the same. Was just no sense turning a big rotor at that speed when the engine wasn't seeing the oil. Understanding on stock pumps you can't control the gear ratio but you can change the size of the gear-rotor.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.