Quote:

I ended up with a 1.85 60ft on the radial TAs with a 5-speed mustang, about a tenth better than I could do with the 555rs and only a 10th slower than slicks. The little 306 bogged pretty bad on the slicks though so its not a real good comparison.

I could see a stick car potentially doing better with the T/As. A little tire spin is better than slipping the clutch or a bog.

For grip though, Nittos were WAY better on my Charger with the auto. No 60 ft times to compare, but I always had to walk it out of the hole with the T/As. Full throttle just resulted in blowing the tires off. Nittos could handle full throttle with minimal spin.

Once I converted the car to a stick, I never really did get it to launch well. With the Nittos, I had more traction than clutch. Installed a Slide-A-Link to control the wheel hop, and then I started having clutch problems. Sold the car before I got sorted out completely.

Mustangs are pretty scary in the rain no matter what tire you've got on them. I've owned a couple.

-Jim

I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman.
He's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it.

Currently Mopar-less