Quote:

I ran them on my 69 Charger for quite a while. Great dual purpose tire that prioritizes street performance over strip.

If you're wanting to go as quick as possible on a drag radial, it's not your best choice. But if you want to run a lot of highway miles, in some respects, it's you're only choice. They have speed (V or Z) and treadwear (100) ratings whereas other drag radials do not.

I drove an entire Hot Rod Power Tour on a set, much of it in the rain, and was very pleased with the performance. Took the car to the strip on several occasions and they hook WAY better than BFG T/As. (T/A's suck in the rain too).

I would have to go the opposite way on this. I ran some 555rs on my mustang while they worked great on the street they were scary in the rain. I went to a BFG Radial TA in the same size(275/50/15) and they worked much better on the track and had good wet weather perofmance and I needed that because it was my DD. They didn't hook near as good as the nittos on the street though. And I loved the look of the 555rs smooth sidewall when it was shined up.

I ended up with a 1.85 60ft on the radial TAs with a 5-speed mustang, about a tenth better than I could do with the 555rs and only a 10th slower than slicks. The little 306 bogged pretty bad on the slicks though so its not a real good comparison.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340