Quote:

70cuda383, nice job on the wheel lip. What kind of rust converter are you using? How do you think it works?

Thanks. it definitely was a lot of welding and a lot of grinding. it would have been nice to have a wheel, then I could have maybe tried to fabricate the entire outer section with all those compound curves, instead of making so many small patches welded together.

but...in the end, whatever works. the money spent on an english wheel could be spent on car parts! I'm not going into business, or planning on doing more than 1 car. as it is now, I've got my reg cab Dakota with a 360 and a 5 spd, lowered sport suspension, and it's a total blast to drive...I'll have my Cuda once it's done, my wife is an only child, so she'll be inheriting her father's restored 69 mach 1 Mustang eventually (at the rate I'm going, probably before I get my Cuda done!! ) some day I'll inherit my dad's street van...I don't see myself having the time/space to do another car!

--or desire!! this is a ton of nasty, dirty, sweaty, bloody work!

oh, and to answer your question, the rust converter I used was Purple Power rust converter. comes in a quart sized bottle for about $6. I poured it into an empty windex bottle, and sprayed it on. worked like a charm.

I then covered everything with the rust encapsulater Zero Rust from Resto Rick.

as I'm welding panels back on now, the heat is making the fresh Zero Rust paint lift a little, but once everything is cool, I'll hit it again with some paint and let it sit. eventually this paint will be so hard that nothing will make it lift!

**Photobucket sucks**