Quote:

I'm betting on rust in the cylinders first and then a stuck valve in a guide Please let us know what you find

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

Well, here's what I found.

7 of the bores look like this.

Give or take carbon, but they all look nice. That is except for #8 which looks like this.

#6 is okay but you can see where some moisture was in the head affecting that plug, and #8's valves were rusted up nicely...

All the lifters looked pretty with the exception of a couple that looked like they may not be rotating in the bore real good. smooth but black stains. the two on the back end were gummy as you can see and the cam looked gummy too. The lifters came out with a little coaxing gooey orange in the top from rust but still functioned. The cam looked pretty except for the back end which looked like this.

Sad that that bore got wet. It's nasty. Feels like 40 grit. So what's worth keeping, what do I throw out and can the block be cleaned up and honed or does that rust mean it's going to need a larger bore? is the cam dead or can the lobes be cleaned up? I haven't got to the front of the block yet so I don't know what grind it is. Too bad. Then engine looks like it had very few hours on it.

Sorry for my naivete. Just trying to learn. And also trying to get an engine in the car on a low budget. with plans for a 451 in the works.

I’m listening.