Quote:

Time for a glide or a TH400....Doubt the mopar trans will last at those levels....

A properly built 727 will last well over a full season at much more power.

My personal experience.....

Ran over 140MPH in the eighth at 3200 lbs 31X10.5W tires 4.10 rear gear. Used a Tranzact Pro brake with the clean neutral. Did not have to run a lot of line pressure either. 135 psi. When I had trouble burning up clutches it was when I tried other Valve Bodies. Get a Tranzact.

Also I know it against most of the Mopar communities advise.. but, I never had good results with the red clutches. The ones I ran were smooth. After running a powerglide I found that most in that arena do not run the smooth clutches due to the fact they, for lack of a better word, hydraplane. The smooth surface just can not properly squeeze the fluid out from between the clutch and plates without slipping first. My best luck with the 727 was when running the blue grooved clutches and steels. My engine did not make a million HP or Torque but I have timeslips to proove I ran a lot faster than these guys think is possible with a 727. Maybe it is how they built their trannies.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.