Quote:

Quote:

If I use the piston I have it puts me @ 10.6 cr with the 80 cc heads and a .039 gasket. I do not want to deck the block as it is a #'s match for the car which is kinda why I like the stealth heads. When you say change the cam, any one in particular and please give reason for doing so. BTW the piston is .010 in the hole now. The 84 cc edelbrock heads would put be compression and quench where it should be but vanity has the better of me so I am using the Stealths.

What does it being a matching number block have to do with cutting the deck? I just did the math and you piston is .007 higher than it should be so someone has definitely cut that block considering I see posted on this board that blocks are usually higher than blueprint deck?

Don't worry about the quench if you are stuck on vanity, no one ever did back in the day and the engines performed fine. Plus until you actually have a pair of stealths in your hand I would take the 80cc claim with a grain of salt , they are probably a tad bigger than that .

my older Stealths supposedly were 84 cc and wound up being 86ish. I had them milled .030 to reach 80. I have 9.9:1 with .064 no quench and run 93 with no problems. As said check your distributor.