Quote:

Thanks for all the input. After long hard thought, I am going to go with the 440 Source "Stealth Heads" which have an 80 cc chamber. If I use the KB 184 piston (I now have the 237 and both are a silvolite)i can hone and not bore. The quench pad on the 184 is .140 tall and I figure I will need to have half of that removed to get in the ballpark of .040 to .050 quench and should have a CR of 9.6. I can also deck the heads to get the CR up to 10 if I wanted and still have optimum quench.
Yes my heat risers are blocked and I appreciate all the tips but I feel if I start out with a better combustion chamber design to begin with I will be better off in the long run. I will post again in about 2 months. Anyone have reservations about the 440 Source Stealth heads??

Why would you do something as silly as buying pistons and cut the quench domes on them when you already have the piston you need , if you want good quench just have the block decked to put the pistons at zero , it will cost less than buying new pistons and all that machine work ?

edit ... I just reread your original post , put on the stealths , use a .041ish gasket and change the cam, buying pistons is crazy talk ....