3404  Offline
pro stock

Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Any pics of what your looking to get?
Sounds cool

OF THE TOAD

The most important thing that is missing in that picture is the 2 extra bars they now recommend that go from the outside corners of the frame to the back of you hitch. Then you will have three attachment points between the Toad and the hitch.

You wouldnt believe the side load that thing will put on your hitch when you back up with the wheels locked in place.
I had a "decent" hitch on a used motorhome I bought and it snapped the tube the hitch slides into clean off when I was backing out of my pit spot. That Sucked!

When backing up with the wheels locked it forces the tires of the Toad to skid as they slide sideways and with the tongue weight pushing down on the Toad it literally wants to break stuff.

Dont get me wrong I too like the Toad and it's far from any kind of Band Aid since it takes all the load and bounce off the MotorHome. No difference than the dual and triple semi trailers on the highways.

Eric

Re: TRAILER TOAD anyone use one [Re: HEMIFRED] #957086
03/25/11 09:17 PM
03/25/11 09:17 PM
Arizona
PolyDart Offline
super stock
PolyDart  Offline
super stock

Arizona
Quote:

Looks like there's one in my future. The Funmover has a good deal of overhang combined with heavy tongue weight of a stacker. With it pulling a stacker I expect it not to follow like towing a single car 28" would with a dualie.

I've got a 4500lb Lance 11.5 ft camper in the bed of our Dodge Dually. The camper over hangs the rear hitch by a few feet... I've been pulling our 4x4 on a trailer for nearly 10 years traveling cross country several times. This is what I use

http://www.torklift.com/t.php?w_page=superhitch

http://www.torklift.com/t.php?w_page=supertruss

Works like a champ...

Page 2 of 2 1 2