Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

I won't have much interest, most won't have much "positive" interest, and you will like your vehicle.
To each his own.

There it is "I won't have much interest"

Who cares if you have any interest at all? You do, but as shown it is all about you.

I have zero concern about what interests you or about 99,9999999997% of the people on this planet. I care about what interests me not you and I can almost guarantee that whatever I may build you will never see it, ride in it, hear it or drive it. So why should I GAF about what you want, like or think? or for that matter anyone else?

I get you and your attitude. I also get you have a hard time understanding things. I never said I wanted a SBC in anything. I did say an LS motor, which is not a SBC. Pay attention.

I think if you read the original post you will see this thread is about a "350 Chevy Engine."
The thread is what I am replying to, your posts are just what came up that I replied to.
Unfortunately I have been "paying attention".

So if it is necessary- let me rephrase so you know exactly "my attitude".

You can buy a Duesenberg, pull the original engine and toss in an LS1 engine. You now have more power than the original Duesenberg engine did, and after doing the swap the money you save over redoing the Duesenberg engine, which woulda been expensive- will allow you to have steak and champagne with your buddies.

You can take the resulting vehicle to a car show, and you will be proud of your work I am sure.
Many people will walk by your Duesenberg. Some people will like it, as you do.

I have a feeling this is where you stop understanding, but I will post it anyways.

Duesenberg guys will walk by your vehicle, and shake their heads, not have interest, or think you have destroyed a beautiful vehicle.
You MIGHT find a Duesenberg guy who likes it, but it is against the odds.
You will STILL like your vehicle.

It doesn't matter what I think about your vehicle that matters to you, or what the Duesenberg guys think about your vehicle that matters to you.

If you take your Duesenberg to a Duesenberg show, the other Duesenberg owners will probably alienate you because they don't feel an LS1 Chevy engine belongs in a Duesenberg, but that doesn't matter.

You can take out your anger on the situation on them, but it doesn't change things. You will like your car, many Duesneberg guys will NOT like your car, and the result is...?

TO EACH HIS OWN.

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: Supercuda] #946494
03/20/11 01:24 PM
03/20/11 01:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2010 Popular Hot Rodding Engine Challenge:

First place: Gen III Hemi

Highest finishing LS: Fourth place

Highest peak horsepower in the event: Gen III Hemi

The magazine described the Gen III Hemi's victory:

Quote:

Bischoff's Mopar, as top qualifier, was the last to run in the finals. With numbers in the 2,500s in qualifying and no competitor in the finals other than Lahone even breaking out of the 2,300-point range, it seemed like a lock on the championship for the high-tech Mopar combination. Bischoff seemed to just cruise through the final eliminations, making three clean dyno pulls for a score of 2,502.6, 68.8 points up on Lahone, and 133.8 over Kaase's Chevy. Considering that every competition as far back as we can remember has been decided by a scarce few points, and in one instance, just fractions of a point, 2010 was a rout. Bischoff and his Mopar flat owned the competition, even taking the honor for highest peak horsepower of the event. With such a convincing exhibition of power, no one could argue against Bischoff's claim to the title of "Engine Master."

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginem...gap_intake.html

So much for your vaunted Chevy LS. . . .

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? #946495
03/20/11 02:22 PM
03/20/11 02:22 PM
SoCal
MuuMuu101 Offline OP
I got lucky at Woodward!
MuuMuu101  Offline OP
I got lucky at Woodward!

SoCal
Quote:

Quote:

Bischoff's Mopar, as top qualifier, was the last to run in the finals. With numbers in the 2,500s in qualifying and no competitor in the finals other than Lahone even breaking out of the 2,300-point range, it seemed like a lock on the championship for the high-tech Mopar combination. Bischoff seemed to just cruise through the final eliminations, making three clean dyno pulls for a score of 2,502.6, 68.8 points up on Lahone, and 133.8 over Kaase's Chevy. Considering that every competition as far back as we can remember has been decided by a scarce few points, and in one instance, just fractions of a point, 2010 was a rout. Bischoff and his Mopar flat owned the competition, even taking the honor for highest peak horsepower of the event. With such a convincing exhibition of power, no one could argue against Bischoff's claim to the title of "Engine Master."

That's a pretty cool article.

I know it has been done but has anyone ever seen or put a 6.1L or 5.7L in a 30's car? I think it would be pretty spiffy in a 32 Dodge.

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: MuuMuu101] #946496
03/20/11 02:43 PM
03/20/11 02:43 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

I know it has been done but has anyone ever seen or put a 6.1L or 5.7L in a 30's car? I think it would be pretty spiffy in a 32 Dodge.

For sure.
A local guy almost put a Chevy engine into his 36, but my chassis builder talked him into a 5.7 Hemi.
It's an impressive car IMO.

6540035-carshow010.jpg (146 downloads)

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #946497
03/20/11 03:31 PM
03/20/11 03:31 PM
Chino Valley
RodStRace Offline
I Live Here
RodStRace  Offline
I Live Here

Chino Valley
MoparRon started a thread on the HAMB about mopars in mopars (traditional hot rods) a couple years ago. Here's my response from back then...

This is a traditional site. That means 4's up until the ford flatty, and not much else except the jimmys until the OHV V8s started hitting. That sorted itself out by the late 50s to the SBC for early fords due to HP, cost and that they fit. Sure, there were other motors, but that was the most common. There were very few rods that weren't early Fords. Then the SBC also took over the musclecars. It also got a lot of help and backing in racing. It is the most common in almost every form, from stock ma and pa cars to off road, to rods, to drag and circle track racing. It is the most available and the most common. Mopars were traditionally a breed apart. They were also-rans, low powered and different. They were not cool, not coveted, and didn't have much history in rodding. The 50's hemi was revered for it's power, but didn't fit easily into the earlier Mopars. The hemi was jammed into everything, and the rest of the car was tossed aside. Again, no respect. The thing is, no one except us diehard Mopar guys cared. We appreciated less wood in the bodies, juice brakes from the late 20s, independent front suspension from the mid 30s, more interior room in just about every case, and a solid frame. The only thing lacking was an easy motor swap. The same thing that made the SBC such a nice fit in a 32-40 Ford. There were a few groundbreaking swaps, and it became okay to have a mopar. There has even been special areas in NSRA shows for decades for the 'different' Mopars. Prices and availability have driven most to what were formerly 2nd and 3rd tier cars. Years ago, rodders would stumble over A's to get to deuces and Model 40s. Now A's are hot. There is a new group of people that compare 40-50s cars across makes and see a good deal with the Mopar steel, without the stigma that they formerly held. That's good and bad. It makes information, new reproduction, kit and repair parts more likely, but drives up the price of the cars and the old parts due to demand. The old hard core Mopar guys may be griping partly due to this, but it's more likely due to seeing that same engine that we all tend to see as boring, overdone and the easy way out, the engine that has the same appeal as Walmart VS the corner hardware store to us being installed in one of 'our' cars. Sure it's really YOUR car, but if you want to go mainstream, just go get a Ford or a Chevy and stick that thing in there. Leave the Mopars as unique, different, special cars. You won't hear this cry nearly as much if you wanted to drop in a Buick nailhead, a GMC 6, or a Olds Rocket. You may get some flack from those who revere those makes. The SBC is like a state religion; they are the majority. They think everyone has the same views, and when they see someone who doesn't, they try to force their views on them too. The SBC has pervaded the landscape, and it's a less appealing place because of that.

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: Supercuda] #946498
03/20/11 06:01 PM
03/20/11 06:01 PM
Branson, Mo.
J
joedust451 Offline
super gas
joedust451  Offline
super gas
J

Branson, Mo.
Quote:

Quote:

I totally agree Ron, The easiest thing in life is to be just like everybody else. I think one reason we like Mopar so much is because we like different. Randy

Hmm. how many LS1's do you figure people have stuffed into a 65 Cuda? Bet that answer is on one hand.

How many you figure had a mopar engine? All of them. So who's being like everyone else?

Let me guess, most of your rods have a coil over 4 link setup, probably with a 9" Ford rear too.

Be different but only if you follow someone else's rules, lol.

Good point!! Thats why i don't trash other peoples cars anymore, I'll never forget not too long ago i was at my local track racing my Duster, never really had many Mopars there, but one night here comes this Dart, he pulls it off the trailer, whats in it, a BB chevy, did it run good, yes it did, beat my 451, I didn't bother saying anything, he gave me that smerky look, after a while i got to chatting with him, he said it was just cheaper going this way, he had the car & the engine, plus he was a welder by trade, he had about 3K in the engine, car ran mid 10s, can't complain about that.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: joedust451] #946499
03/20/11 07:42 PM
03/20/11 07:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're running a 65 Barracuda, you're already different from almost everyone else no matter what engine you have.

I don't know where some of you get your cheap Chevy engines. My son-in-law bracket races a big block Chevelle, and each of his motors have cost him on the high side of $10,000 - and he's been through several, since none of them has lasted too long before blowing up. Paid $5,000 for the car; probably has 80 grand in it now. It is fast (runs 9's) when it's running; right now it's between motors.

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #946500
03/21/11 02:25 PM
03/21/11 02:25 PM
Shelbyville, TN USA
40ford Offline
mopar addict
40ford  Offline
mopar addict

Shelbyville, TN USA
If any have a Duesenberg engine laying around----send it to me---freight collect----I might even pay scrap price for it. I will find something for it to go into.

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: 40ford] #946501
03/21/11 09:06 PM
03/21/11 09:06 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

If any have a Duesenberg engine laying around----send it to me---freight collect----I might even pay scrap price for it. I will find something for it to go into.

Generator for a motorhome....?

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #946502
03/21/11 09:51 PM
03/21/11 09:51 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Quote:

Quote:

gokart motor.........

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: moparx] #946503
03/21/11 09:54 PM
03/21/11 09:54 PM
Garden Grove, CA
OzHemi Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger
OzHemi  Offline
Penguin-hating Ginger

Garden Grove, CA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

gokart motor.........

Engine swap into a Skoda.

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: MuuMuu101] #946504
03/23/11 03:51 PM
03/23/11 03:51 PM
Kentucky
F
Flipper1938 Offline
enthusiast
Flipper1938  Offline
enthusiast
F

Kentucky
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's a pretty cool article.

that is a pretty serious looking intake manifold. Anybody know what it is? Mopar doesn't list anything like it on their website, but I think the drag-pack cars run something similar, don't they?

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? #946505
03/23/11 07:34 PM
03/23/11 07:34 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

For some reason this page won't load on my browser.

Did they break down the $$ per hp? Cause cubic dollars to make hp is out of my budget and to be honest getting 500hp out of an LS is fairly cheap and more than enough for most, me included.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #946506
03/23/11 07:41 PM
03/23/11 07:41 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

I think if you read the original post you will see this thread is about a "350 Chevy Engine."
The thread is what I am replying to, your posts are just what came up that I replied to.

Lol, your very first post in this thread had NOTHING to do with the OP's post. It was a comment on my not wanting to spend $3800 for an alterkation kit to put a Gen III Hemi in my 65 Cuda and how I didn't "get it".

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: Supercuda] #946507
03/23/11 07:46 PM
03/23/11 07:46 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
This topic has morfed into something almost as bizzarO as a Mopar engine into a Jensin !

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: Supercuda] #946508
03/23/11 10:18 PM
03/23/11 10:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

For some reason this page won't load on my browser.

Did they break down the $$ per hp? Cause cubic dollars to make hp is out of my budget and to be honest getting 500hp out of an LS is fairly cheap and more than enough for most, me included.

I don't imagine cost was an issue for any of these engines, but the Gen III Hemi made 700 horsepower - about 50 more than the best LS.

This is kinda all beside the point, though, considering that most street rods have probably 250-350 horsepower. Cost doesn't explain someone dropping a 305 Chevy into an old Mopar instead of a 318. I've been offered running 318's for FREE. Can't get much cheaper than that.

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: Supercuda] #946509
03/23/11 11:13 PM
03/23/11 11:13 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Lol, your very first post in this thread had NOTHING to do with the OP's post. It was a comment on my not wanting to spend $3800 for an alterkation kit to put a Gen III Hemi in my 65 Cuda and how I didn't "get it".

Actually, if you read what I wrote.... .... I never mentioned an alterkation kit, never said anything about you spending $3800 on anything, never said anything about a genIII Hemi in YOUR Barracuda.... that was in YOUR post I replied to, I was replying in general terms...

BUTTTTTT

I did say you "just didn't get it".

And reading your latest post hasn't changed my mind any!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: dOc !] #946510
03/23/11 11:14 PM
03/23/11 11:14 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

This topic has morfed into something almost as bizzarO as a Mopar engine into a Jensin !

Yeah, imagine somebody sticking a MoPar engine into a Jensen.
What a WEIRDO that would be!!!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #946511
03/23/11 11:51 PM
03/23/11 11:51 PM
SoCal
MuuMuu101 Offline OP
I got lucky at Woodward!
MuuMuu101  Offline OP
I got lucky at Woodward!

SoCal
Sorry for changing the subject and getting everyone confused. Gen III's, 350's, and Jensins

Re: 350 Chevy Engine in Hot Rods??? [Re: MuuMuu101] #946512
03/24/11 12:02 AM
03/24/11 12:02 AM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Sorry for changing the subject and getting everyone confused. Gen III's, 350's, and Jensins

And

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5