02/06/11 01:59 PM
02/06/11 01:59 PM
Minnesota
G
goat432 Offline OP
goat432  Offline OP
G

Minnesota
I'm rebuilding the rear leaf springs for a AAR cuda. I have everything detailed and assembled except for the last retaining strap to attach. I can't get them on. I have tried using multiple c-clamps & did get them on but very little of the fold over tip held it together & it looked terrible. I bought the rebuild kit from Mancini & it was the big & small block kit. I questioned it on the phone when ordering becuase I thought I heard the AAR's got the same springs as the hemi cars but they told me no on the phone. Did I just get the wrong rebuild kit? The straps in the kit are smaller than the originals I took off without a doubt. I have tried to re-use the originals & can get them on but the locking tabs just snap off when I bend them over, just too old & weak. Anybody experience this? I have just had one of those "walk away moments" before I throw a c-clamp through my shop window. Is there a better souce for these or is everybody selling the same strap? Thanks.

Re: Leaf spring straps [Re: goat432] #922271
02/06/11 04:22 PM
02/06/11 04:22 PM
Stuart FL
M
mercman1 Offline
mopar
mercman1  Offline
mopar
M

Stuart FL
When I rebuilt the springs on my T/A I sourced TWO kits from NPD (National Parts Depot) Florida store 800 874 7595. You will have some left over but you will be happy with the results. You should ask for part #5724. They come complete with the even harder to find rubber insulator that slips over the straps. Oh yeah, they are much cheaper than n e one else. 20-25 bucks each set. FYI springs on Trans Am cars are the same on both sides. Hemi cars got 7 on the right 6 on the left.