Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
The G-Force belts are $149.99 with the shipping what $160.00+. To be honest I can afford that.But why should I have to if the belts are still good? But all of those couple of hundred dollars do add up.

mad man Bob just having a little fun with you about the $70.00 belts I see you are smart enought to know with the price of fuel I will never make it out to the left coast,but now if you come over to SGMP that's not all that far away.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way about some of the Rules.

Now back to the NHRA Belts every 2 years,who do they think we are John Force

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: MRMOPAR622] #909639
01/25/11 05:28 PM
01/25/11 05:28 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

with the price of fuel I will never make it out to the left coast

if you were a real racer...

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: maximum entropy] #909640
01/25/11 06:27 PM
01/25/11 06:27 PM
Fredericksburg Va
P
plycuda Offline
mopar
plycuda  Offline
mopar
P

Fredericksburg Va
Im not a real racer either but when I pull up with a 5 point harness that hasn't seen day light in 2 years and I can't make a pass and my friends roadrunner with 40 year old lap belt running almost the same mph is okay to race something wrong in the rule book.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: plycuda] #909641
01/25/11 06:29 PM
01/25/11 06:29 PM
Peoples republic of clackamas ...
A
atoetly Offline
pro stock
atoetly  Offline
pro stock
A

Peoples republic of clackamas ...
This thread is better than any soap opera.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: maximum entropy] #909642
01/25/11 06:35 PM
01/25/11 06:35 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

Quote:

As consumers we get screwed lots of ways. Whether it's the tax structure, or a building permit, or the cost of deisel fuel vs gas, we get hammered. Secondly, it's not fair to say someone is a real racer except that person and his peers. I've been in this game for 25 years and remember when I started people would say how bad NHRA was and political BS a person had to endure to race. And it's gotten worse. As much this sport costs, it doesn't make much sense to whine about the cost of belts, or re-certs in general. But to some, like me, it's just the principal . And no doubt, some of this safety stuff is needed. If the NHRA didn't take such advantage of the sportsman racer, actually paid some decent prize money, didn't expect us to pay more so a few at the top could live like kings, this debate wouldn't be so intense. I am and have always been a fan and that's what made me want to race. It's been hard the last 3 years to be able to compete at the level I have, but that's my choice, and unlike many, I pay cash for my racing "Jones". It would be nice if NHRA got back to what racing is all about for the racer, and IMO that's to compete at the highest level a person can afford. If they keep making that goal harder to attain, they will become extinct. I hope not, but it's up to them and us. Rant over!

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: camastomcat] #909643
01/25/11 07:08 PM
01/25/11 07:08 PM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
Here is a link to the legal complaint, surprising it is a good read

http://www.capdale.com/files/upload/NHRAcomplaint.pdf

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: ] #909644
01/25/11 08:48 PM
01/25/11 08:48 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Well when I got my license in the ex Sox and Martin Challenger it had two inch belts in it. Also when I built my race van none of this tag tax crap existed.

BobR if you are a real racer you would be towing that stang to SGMP http://racesgmp.com/schedule-dragstrip-detail.da?id=267 to run with the big dogs at Duck's race at the end of Feb.

Real racers go where the competition is or would you rather just hang out with your buddies in your trailer.

We runner upped on a holeshot(our 4.30 lost to his 4.37) at the SCSN to Mike Murillo 2 months ago.(Billy Glidden lost in the quarter finals) We were in Joliet 18 months ago at the Super Bowl where we qualified number one and lost in the final to a guy who now races in the middle east for Al Anabi. We're not afraid of anyone. We won't have our new BAE hemi combo ready until about March.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: BeEtLeJuIcE !] #909645
01/25/11 08:49 PM
01/25/11 08:49 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

See guys like you all of the time. Pay the 70 bucks or get another hobby.

ADD UP all that SFI stuff and NHRA required parts ...and it is A LOT more than 70$.

It doesn't all expire in two years.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: plycuda] #909646
01/25/11 08:51 PM
01/25/11 08:51 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Im not a real racer either but when I pull up with a 5 point harness that hasn't seen day light in 2 years and I can't make a pass and my friends roadrunner with 40 year old lap belt running almost the same mph is okay to race something wrong in the rule book.

Fair point.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: camastomcat] #909647
01/25/11 09:01 PM
01/25/11 09:01 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As consumers we get screwed lots of ways. Whether it's the tax structure, or a building permit, or the cost of deisel fuel vs gas, we get hammered. Secondly, it's not fair to say someone is a real racer except that person and his peers. I've been in this game for 25 years and remember when I started people would say how bad NHRA was and political BS a person had to endure to race. And it's gotten worse. As much this sport costs, it doesn't make much sense to whine about the cost of belts, or re-certs in general. But to some, like me, it's just the principal . And no doubt, some of this safety stuff is needed. If the NHRA didn't take such advantage of the sportsman racer, actually paid some decent prize money, didn't expect us to pay more so a few at the top could live like kings, this debate wouldn't be so intense. I am and have always been a fan and that's what made me want to race. It's been hard the last 3 years to be able to compete at the level I have, but that's my choice, and unlike many, I pay cash for my racing "Jones". It would be nice if NHRA got back to what racing is all about for the racer, and IMO that's to compete at the highest level a person can afford. If they keep making that goal harder to attain, they will become extinct. I hope not, but it's up to them and us. Rant over!

We race in the PSCA. The second day that the news broke that we were going with the BAE hemi/alcohol the rule that added 100 pounds for an inner cooler evaporated. We fought the head of PSCA for 2 years to convince him that this rule sucked but to no avail until we took ours off. Because of this we have to carry an addition 100 pounds over what we figured our combo had to weigh. Nitrous Outlaw cars were allowed to remove 175 pounds. When we ran nitrous he wouldn't budge an inch. He allows tube chassis cars. Ours is a real Outlaw backhalf. He allows non steel roofs-another thing that goes against the real Outlaw idea. And on and on. Rules suck but the only way around them is to find another hobby.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: BobR] #909648
01/25/11 09:03 PM
01/25/11 09:03 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ADD UP all that SFI stuff and NHRA required parts ...and it is A LOT more than 70$.

While I understand you are pro NHRA I dont see why
you knock others that are maybe pro IHRA... I can
race to 8.50 in the IHRA right now but cant run
9.99 in the NHRA... its not all about the seat belt
issue... people are entitled to their own opinion

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: MegaDart] #909649
01/26/11 05:44 AM
01/26/11 05:44 AM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

communist bloc of new jersey
Quote:

hmmm...define good read

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: jamesc] #909650
01/26/11 07:52 AM
01/26/11 07:52 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
With most peoples attitude"you got to pay to play" is why NHRA gets away with the some of these dumb rules.Lets open our minds and look at the billions of miles motorist,professional truck drivers and the airlines traval and how often they replace belts and how many times have you heard of a belt failure.Some of these rules is just to help the aftermarket race industry and we like cattle line up for the slaughter,mooooving along nose to tail.I think that every track should have a petition to change some of these redundant and costly rules where the racers can sign and the track owners can present it at the end of each season to NHRA for consideration.Just complaining won't work action will.Once the tracks owners feel that they may lose revenue and reflect their concerns to NHRA and NHRA gets the idea that they may suffer,them change just may be possible.If they don't listen,then we all can understand that they don't care.I had a parts supplier tell me if I didn't like his pricing to go elseware,I did,now he is dropping his pants to get my business back.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: jamesc] #909651
01/26/11 09:09 AM
01/26/11 09:09 AM
The Swamp
MegaDart Offline
master
MegaDart  Offline
master

The Swamp
Quote:

Quote:

hmmm...define good read

informative and well constructed

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: MegaDart] #909652
01/26/11 10:00 AM
01/26/11 10:00 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
After reading the "complaint" I see it is not hardly a suit but a request to investigate NHRA's non-profit status and questioning there compensation practices.Seems like someone past or present with inside information is pissed at someone or the organization and is exposing them for possible errors in the business practices as pretaining to a non-profit organization.This is like someone getting a devorice and exposing the spouses'"dirty little secrets".There is nothing wrong with questioning someones practices,especially if their doing it with someone elses money.If it's a non-profit organization then the members or member of such an organization has every right to raise questions.Be carefull of who you piss off.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: B G Racing] #909653
01/26/11 10:06 AM
01/26/11 10:06 AM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
I believe it is a "Whistle Blower" type thing. Evidently,, he wasn't getting his 'whistle' blown like the others...

Last edited by CHAPPER; 01/26/11 10:07 AM.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: B G Racing] #909654
01/26/11 10:14 AM
01/26/11 10:14 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

After reading the "complaint" I see it is not hardly a suit but a request to investigate NHRA's non-profit status and questioning there compensation practices.Seems like someone past or present with inside information is pissed at someone or the organization and is exposing them for possible errors in the business practices as pretaining to a non-profit organization.This is like someone getting a devorice and exposing the spouses'"dirty little secrets".There is nothing wrong with questioning someones practices,especially if their doing it with someone elses money.If it's a non-profit organization then the members or member of such an organization has every right to raise questions.Be carefull of who you piss off.

They are hardly getting "sued"

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: MR_P_BODY] #909655
01/26/11 11:20 AM
01/26/11 11:20 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

While I understand you are pro NHRA I dont see why
you knock others that are maybe pro IHRA... I can
race to 8.50 in the IHRA right now but cant run
9.99 in the NHRA... its not all about the seat belt
issue... people are entitled to their own opinion

I used to race IHRA. I'm not knocking anyone. The knock on this thread was against the NHRA and that's usually the case. The NHRA made drag racing what it is. The IHRA and the rest just got sucked along in the backwash. That said, if the IHRA had a better deal here on the west coast I'd be all for it. They don't so my allegience is to the ones that do.

Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: BobR] #909656
01/26/11 11:26 AM
01/26/11 11:26 AM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
I pledge allegience only to the USA
God Bless America
No more seat belt rules

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: The NHRA is getting sued [Re: B G Racing] #909657
01/26/11 11:52 AM
01/26/11 11:52 AM
NE Ohio
H
Hemi Joe 4911 Offline
Hemi Joe 4911  Offline
H

NE Ohio
Well said Bob - hope this retirement deal is working well for you, it sure is for me, you will love it! Back to the issue, a lot of these strokers on here just are trying to pull our chain about this seat belt issue, and this real racer stuff, but the seat belt is just the tip of the ice berg. I can remember a few years back when you had to replace my roll cage because the NHRA rep "Pinky" rejected my current cage because he said the tubing thickness wasn't thick enough, although he measured it on the bends so as it would stretch it naturally got thinner, when I tried to explain to him that it was a Jegster roll bar kit, he chewed my ass and said "so you think just because you bought it at Jegs it is legal? - my reply to him was, I'am sure Jegs would not sell a cage that was illegal on purpose. It was advertised in their catalogue being NHRA/AHRA certified. He then failed me and went on too fail the two cars after me and he had already failed the two in front of me. He was pissed because he had to get up early on a Saturday and travel from Columbus to Thompson to do certification. By the way mine was a re-cert which had already passed previously and had passed IHRA cert. The real bad thing was once you fail you cannot run under I believe it is 11.99, so in CHICAGO STYLE-NHRA rules my 9 second car had to have a new cage installed and thanks to Bob George Racing I was able to run the following week. When I first started building this car approximately 14 years ago, I read two of the most important things about building a race car wasn't about getting it launched, but about getting the car safely stopped and buying the best seat belts available which you can quickly release and get out of the car. This was written by someone who had gone off the track and ended upside down in a lake. So when these clowns want to take us off the subject by talking about being cheap and buying $70.00 seat belts, they are either missing the point or don't really care. The Simpsons that I prefer are around $240.. - It's not only the belts, its the cage stuff and re-certs- trans dip stick -tranny shields - new drive shaft loops- only to name a few! I feel better now HEMI JOE

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12