11/13/10 10:49 PM
11/13/10 10:49 PM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
So qualifiying just ended at Pomona, and the old man needs to pick up two rounds on Matt Hagan to win the title. The top four qualifiers are:

1) The cheater's daughter (Ashley)

2) The cheater (John Force)

3) The cheater's son-in-law (Hight)

4) Matt Hagan

If the seeds hold to the semis, then Ashley beats Matt, what are the chances that Force vs. Hight and then daddy vs. daughter will be on the level? Based on last year's Team Farce shenanigans I give it about zero percent...

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853093
11/13/10 11:02 PM
11/13/10 11:02 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853094
11/13/10 11:21 PM
11/13/10 11:21 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

you guys are unreal

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Quicktree] #853095
11/14/10 09:05 AM
11/14/10 09:05 AM
Niles , Ohio
T
therocks Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
therocks  Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
T

Niles , Ohio
Look at Kalitta.The year Doug was in the chase they pretty much came straight out and said the fix was in so he could get points.It happens all the time.You still have to win rounds no matter what your team mates do.Rocky

Chrysler Firepower
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Quicktree] #853096
11/14/10 09:33 AM
11/14/10 09:33 AM
Buford, GA
I_bleed_MOPAR Offline
master
I_bleed_MOPAR  Offline
master

Buford, GA
Quote:

you guys are unreal

It's big business, pure and simple. I'd be willing to bet y'all wouldn't be hating on him so much if he ran a MoPar body.

Tim

'71 Charger 383/727
'17 Challenger SXT (Wifeys car wink )
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: I_bleed_MOPAR] #853097
11/14/10 10:48 AM
11/14/10 10:48 AM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
I most certainly would not be happy if one of the Mopar teams gave team orders to win a championship. A few years back Schumacher had Scelzi lay down for Bazemore when Whit was in the title hunt (actually, Scelzi had lane choice and intentionally took the bad lane). That was a low point for me as a Mopar drag fan, and I lost a lot of respect for The Don that day. I gained some of that respect back a few weeks later when he admitted it, said he was wrong, and said they'd never do it again.

Phil Burgess from National Dragster is asking fans to contribute their favorite moments from the first 60 years of the NHRA for a special they're doing next year. Right at the top of the list I sent him is when Melanie Troxel raced a team-mate straight up with her spot in the Countdown on the line, and she lost. Melanie does not have the backing John Force does. She has to scramble to get a ride every year. Getting in the Countdown is potentially big for her career. And she raced straight-up. That's how drag racing should be. I want to spend my money and time on a product that's fair, not fixed. I deserve better than John Force's team manipulating championships by having team-mates lay down for each other.

Call me a simpleton, naive, whatever, but when I'm teaching my five-year-old twins the right way to behave, I'm using Melanie Troxel as an example, not John Force.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853098
11/14/10 10:55 AM
11/14/10 10:55 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

I most certainly would not be happy if one of the Mopar teams gave team orders to win a championship. A few years back Schumacher had Scelzi lay down for Bazemore when Whit was in the title hunt (actually, Scelzi had lane choice and intentionally took the bad lane). That was a low point for me as a Mopar drag fan, and I lost a lot of respect for The Don that day. I gained some of that respect back a few weeks later when he admitted it, said he was wrong, and said they'd never do it again.

Phil Burgess from National Dragster is asking fans to contribute their favorite moments from the first 60 years of the NHRA for a special they're doing next year. Right at the top of the list I sent him is when Melanie Troxel raced a team-mate straight up with her spot in the Countdown on the line, and she lost. Melanie does not have the backing John Force does. She has to scramble to get a ride every year. Getting in the Countdown is potentially big for her career. And she raced straight-up. That's how drag racing should be. I want to spend my money and time on a product that's fair, not fixed. I deserve better than John Force's team manipulating championships by having team-mates lay down for each other.

Call me a simpleton, naive, whatever, but when I'm teaching my five-year-old twins the right way to behave, I'm using Melanie Troxel as an example, not John Force.

so what, todays NHRA is not about racing and doing whats right it's about big money, sponsorship etc. it's nothing but a show plain and simple.if they were concerned about team cars taking a dive so the other team car can win a championship there wouldn't be team cars. you are your kids biggest role model forget about Troxel, Force or anyone else.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853099
11/14/10 10:58 AM
11/14/10 10:58 AM
ky
H
headhunter Offline
master
headhunter  Offline
master
H

ky
but at the same time if it WASnt for john force takeing the lead on safety alot of drivers would have not survived a few crashes he has done alot for drag racing hes one of the more out spoken front runners in nhra that the majoriyt of the population reckognize. him and his daughter are some of the most reckonized names for drag racing as is say jeff gordan and dale jr is for nascar. and im sure every top contender in all the classes are CHEATING in some way or another

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: headhunter] #853100
11/14/10 11:11 AM
11/14/10 11:11 AM
Lynchburg, VA
Leon441 Offline
master
Leon441  Offline
master

Lynchburg, VA
Might as well watch WWE or F or whatever.

You keep setting examples for your children and praising those who do the right thing in front of them. QUICKTREE, somethings are more important than winning....That is winning and everyone knowing you really deserved it.

Hagans own team mate took three points from him last round. I say great he was doing what he is supposed to "race to win".

SCREW ALL THE MEGA TEAMS. It's ruining the sport in NHRA as well as NASCAR. A little guy has no chance. I love how the NHRA media portrays Matt Hagan. I like him, he is a home towner of sorts and I remember his start in Drag Racing a Pro Street/ PRO Mod deal. But, make no mistake their is no shortness for money in those pockets either.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: headhunter] #853101
11/14/10 11:18 AM
11/14/10 11:18 AM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
Quote:

but at the same time if it WASnt for john force takeing the lead on safety alot of drivers would have not survived a few crashes he has done alot for drag racing

I don't deny that Force has done a lot for drag racing. That doesn't give him the right to manipulate championships by having team-mates lay down for each other. If I donate a million dollars to cancer research, does that give me the right to murder the co-worker I'm competing with for a promotion?

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853102
11/14/10 11:47 AM
11/14/10 11:47 AM
ky
H
headhunter Offline
master
headhunter  Offline
master
H

ky
i guess that doesnt happen to all types of racing does it? thats one of the reasons of multiple teams and at that level im takeing it you wouldnt do what it takes to keep a sponsorship all forms of competition has cheating envolved is it right no is it going to stop no can you beat unlimited money mayby once in a while but not on a regular basis. thats what this sport has become.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853103
11/14/10 11:49 AM
11/14/10 11:49 AM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
with what Jeffaary said

Hagen got Tasca the other JR racing Team mate 1st round.So all the so called JF brain trust will be tuning his car Force has a gimmie 1st round

May the Best Man Win the Championship today!!!

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853104
11/14/10 11:54 AM
11/14/10 11:54 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

but at the same time if it WASnt for john force takeing the lead on safety alot of drivers would have not survived a few crashes he has done alot for drag racing

I don't deny that Force has done a lot for drag racing. That doesn't give him the right to manipulate championships by having team-mates lay down for each other. If I donate a million dollars to cancer research, does that give me the right to murder the co-worker I'm competing with for a promotion?

how did you prove he manipulated championships? or is that just speculation? easy to be an arm chair quarterback

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: headhunter] #853105
11/14/10 11:55 AM
11/14/10 11:55 AM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
Quote:

can you beat unlimited money mayby once in a while but not on a regular basis. thats what this sport has become.

Cruz and Tony Pedregon each won funnycar titles as independent team owners in the last seven years. In fact, one reason Tony left Team Farce was he didn't want to lay down for the boss anymore.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: MRMOPAR622] #853106
11/14/10 12:03 PM
11/14/10 12:03 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
I have got to put my other in while we are on JFR. At the Southern Nationals in Atlanta Ga. this year on Friday I went over to the L'ill Cutie(Ashley)Forces pit as they were bringing her car back from a run. A Boss Ford Hemi has the plugs straight up out the top of the valve covers and the dist.(mag) comes straight up in the front.A Mopar Hemi has the plugs in the center of the valve covers and the dist. does not come straight up(all of us Mopar Guys know that).
So guess what JFR has been lieing to us he may have a Boss Hemi engine but its Mopar not ford That might be another reason I do not care for JFR anymore:D

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Quicktree] #853107
11/14/10 12:04 PM
11/14/10 12:04 PM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
Quote:

how did you prove he manipulated championships? or is that just speculation? easy to be an arm chair quarterback

John Force threw a race to Robert Hight last year to get him in the Countdown. Hight then caught fire and won the championship. Mike Dunn and ESPN2 broke down the run Force threw and showed exactly what Force did. Dunn called Force out right then and there on the telecast. Then Tony Pedregon, who used to have to lay down for Force when he drove for him, confronted him at the end of the track. Force threw a hissy fit, physically threatened Tony, then assaulted an NHRA official that intervened (he was fined for that). Classic behavior for a guy who knows he's guilty and turns into a cornered squirrel when confronted. Later in the interviews Force committed a Freudian slip and basically admitted he did what he had to do for business reasons.

Last edited by Jeffaary; 11/14/10 12:07 PM.
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: MRMOPAR622] #853108
11/14/10 12:17 PM
11/14/10 12:17 PM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
Quote:

Force has a gimmie 1st round

May the Best Man Win the Championship today!!!

Wouldn't it be awesome if another guy who used to have to lay down for Force, Gary Densham, took him out first round? BTW, Densham is the guy that brought AAA's sponsorship to JFR Racing, then got dumped for Force's son-in-law.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853109
11/14/10 12:43 PM
11/14/10 12:43 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

If I donate a million dollars to cancer research, does that give me the right to murder the co-worker I'm competing with for a promotion?

On the surface........no.
But you should be able to chain smoke Chesterfields with impunity.
And you can't.
Ya know why ?
Because life isn't fair.
I know it's tough nut to get a hold of , but it is the truth with all the varnish stripped away and the bright lights turned down.
A notion that no one seems to want to grapple with.
As we used to say back in the day........ Bummer , Dude.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: tubtar] #853110
11/14/10 12:57 PM
11/14/10 12:57 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Got DVR set time to head out to the track
Who was that John Force wanna be on here a while back that called that called us Boring Bracket Racers
Well if he lowers hisself down to our level and comes out to the track today and gets bored and wish the race would hurry up and be over so he could get back home and watch the JFR NHRA Drag Racing he can come line up beside me I will be happy to help him out

Everyone have a Great & Safe Day at the Track and come home and enjoy the NHRA finals tonight.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: MRMOPAR622] #853111
11/14/10 01:26 PM
11/14/10 01:26 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

heres what I think about the NHRA national events, it's a show for the fans who are alittle less involved in racing. I enjoy going to hear and smell the nitro I like the prostock but it is not what it used to be either. all custom made 1 off pieces not factory iron we are our own worst enemies. we wanted sponsorship and big money now we have it. this is what it breeds. back in the day when the drivers worked on the cars and drove the car carriers that was racing. now it's jsut another WWE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3