F
fastfish Offline OP
enthusiast
fastfish  Offline OP
enthusiast
F

Northeast
Quote:

Yeah you were another guy that was doing the "impossible" with a factory block. 10 years of making way more power than is generally accepted by the "experts" that cant get an engine to stay together with an aftermarket block. Sorry to see it go... One of my favorites.

thanks trendz. We're sad to be taking it out of the car. Not once did that engine let us down or leave us stranded. It'll get put in the archives with the procharged small block that was originally in the car back in 1997-1999. That 10 sec motor still runs too.
Change can be good so we're looking forward to building something new and exciting.
How's your car doing?

73 Challenger 8.518 @ 158MPH, 1970 turbo duster in the works...check us out at www.youtube.com/sdconcepts
and www.facebook.com/sdconcepts
We can also be seen in the December 2008 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine!
Re: sdce retires supercharged 383! [Re: KillerBee] #850625
11/19/10 01:34 PM
11/19/10 01:34 PM
Northeast
F
fastfish Offline OP
enthusiast
fastfish  Offline OP
enthusiast
F

Northeast
Quote:

The 1971 purple R/T Challengers:
One is mine... original Plum Crazy big block 4 speed car.
The other is my wife's... original green R/T Challenger that the wife wanted purple(she had her's first) now running a 440 Sixpack with automatic.

The 1973 Challenger I bought 30 years ago at age 15, it was my first car.

I had a 72 'Cuda that I sold to my brother and currently have a camera shy 1970 'Cuda(original 440 car) that's buried in storage. Too many other old cars over the years to begin to count.

I'm not a "Mopar only" guy and have had quite a few other brand toys.

Your Challenger is a very impressive running car, I would like to try a boosted big block Mopar someday but I have zero experience with them.

Nice collection!
Yeah, boost whether turbo or superchager is a lot of fun. And if you have a solid platform that is tuned properly, they can last forever. We have many customers out there with boosted big blocks and small blocks carb'd and efi'd ranging from 500-600HP street cars to 1300-1400hp 7 second strip monsters. Our Chally originally started off as a carb'd 10 second small block car with a stock 360 block and crank and hand ported J heads! The very first article on our boosted small block was in Mopar Muscle September 1998. High Performance Mopar then did a write up on the entire car in late 1998.
Our Chally ran the small block from 1997 thru early 2000 when we converted to the 383 we just retired. The only reason we changed to the big block was because we started to get a big demand for our supercharger systems for big blocks. The Chally is the guinea pig for many of our new products.
16 years of experience boosting mopars, chebbies and fiyords has taught us a thing or two. If you understand how an engine works and the physics behind it, it doesn't matter what the emblem on the grill is. All brands have their good and bad.
We'll be happy to work with you if you do decide to build a boosted engine platform. You'll be glad you did it wondering why you didn't do it sooner! lol!

73 Challenger 8.518 @ 158MPH, 1970 turbo duster in the works...check us out at www.youtube.com/sdconcepts
and www.facebook.com/sdconcepts
We can also be seen in the December 2008 issue of Mopar Muscle magazine!
Page 2 of 2 1 2