Queens N.Y.
D
diesel1114 Offline OP
super street
diesel1114  Offline OP
super street
D

Queens N.Y.
hi guys i just tried to change my window regulator on the dirvers door on my 68 coronet,the reason i changed it was because it wouldnt rool up , so i pulled the old one out and put the new one in and then i noticed a few things , besides now i noticed where my rattles and other odd noises are comming from but 1 where is the up stop located ? 2 i tried to adjust the nut with threaded screw in center and it aint doing anyhting, 3, where can i get window hardware from like a complete set up clips screws and accodring to the book which i glansed at a gasket that goes in the metal part attached to the window ( which some a@# $%^&% put a bolt and nut through im surprised the dam window didnt break all these years ) and some odd looking bracket thing attached or use to be attached to the foward window track at the bottom , can anyone help me out i been going crazy last few days trying to mess with this thing and now i need to come to you guys here the experts

despretely need help here going nuts
john

JOHN WS23L8GXXXXXX
Re: window regulator and parts help [Re: diesel1114] #845981
11/04/10 06:27 PM
11/04/10 06:27 PM
O
otter440 Offline
enthusiast
otter440  Offline
enthusiast
O

The up stop on a 68 is a bar in the middle of the door held by 2 quarter inch bolts it stops the regulator it self. the piece on the bottom of the glass is held on by a plastic rivet ther are allways on e-bay 5-10 bucks. you can put thin cardboard in the piece that goes on the glass just so it is not metal on glass hope this helps

Re: window regulator and parts help [Re: otter440] #845982
11/04/10 06:41 PM
11/04/10 06:41 PM
Queens N.Y.
D
diesel1114 Offline OP
super street
diesel1114  Offline OP
super street
D

Queens N.Y.
ok otter thanks can i ask you what about that piece on the bottom of the front window track like a l shaped thing and it slides up and down well i dont know if its suppost to but man this is frustrating ive never messed with the windows before my first crack at it and it looks like its cracking me for sure , i thought i was going crazy im like damn what am i doing wrong here

JOHN WS23L8GXXXXXX
Re: window regulator and parts help [Re: diesel1114] #845983
11/05/10 10:16 AM
11/05/10 10:16 AM
O
otter440 Offline
enthusiast
otter440  Offline
enthusiast
O

It sounds like you are talking the piece that is spot welded on the bottom of the vent vindow frame they seem to be off on a lot of cars we do. what i do is weld it back on the vent window frame when I have the vent window out of the car it is there so you can tilt your vent window in or out for alignment it slides over a peg that is bolted through the bottom of the door where the plug is . Hope this helps

Re: window regulator and parts help [Re: diesel1114] #845984
11/05/10 04:16 PM
11/05/10 04:16 PM
MN
astrobuf Offline
mopar
astrobuf  Offline
mopar

MN
Quote:

hi guys i just tried to change my window regulator on the dirvers door on my 68 coronet,the reason i changed it was because it wouldnt rool up , so i pulled the old one out and put the new one in and then i noticed a few things , besides now i noticed where my rattles and other odd noises are comming from but 1 where is the up stop located ? 2 i tried to adjust the nut with threaded screw in center and it aint doing anyhting, 3, where can i get window hardware from like a complete set up clips screws and accodring to the book which i glansed at a gasket that goes in the metal part attached to the window ( which some [Email]a@#[/Email] $%^&% put a bolt and nut through im surprised the dam window didnt break all these years ) and some odd looking bracket thing attached or use to be attached to the foward window track at the bottom , can anyone help me out i been going crazy last few days trying to mess with this thing and now i need to come to you guys here the experts

despretely need help here going nuts
john

Your best best for obscure window regulator parts is Tom Race and R/T Specialties. I rebuilt my Chalenger regulators last year and found he had the obscure bits that no one else did.

Astrobuf

So, are you really a Rocket Scientist?