Print Thread
Throttle Cable Lengths #82690
07/01/08 01:39 PM
07/01/08 01:39 PM
Elverson, PA
prettyslick65 Offline OP
prettyslick65  Offline OP

Elverson, PA
Does anyone know the length of a factory throttle cable for a 65 B-body? I'm changing my throttle cable braket to an aftermarket one and it looks like the stock cable will be too short to use with it. I've found longer cables offered by Mopar but am not sure how much longer I should go.

How many lengths did Mopar make?

Thanks.

Re: Throttle Cable Lengths [Re: prettyslick65] #82691
07/01/08 02:07 PM
07/01/08 02:07 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
There are dozens of throttle cable lengths if not more. The Master Parts books shows a different cable for almost every engine combination every year. Some engineer kept busy designing new cables every year for some reason.

The issue with the '65 throttle cables is that they have a weird end on the cable. You aren't going to find any of those cables for sale at the usual places, you have to get them built special. Or, swap over to the later style of gas pedal which is a hassle in itself.

Re: Throttle Cable Lengths [Re: AndyF] #82692
07/01/08 03:10 PM
07/01/08 03:10 PM
Elverson, PA
prettyslick65 Offline OP
prettyslick65  Offline OP

Elverson, PA
when you say "weird end" do you mean the pedal end or the end that connects to the carb? I've searched the net and found pics of some listed for mutiple years and the end that connects to the carb looks the same...the little u-shaped clip that is permantly attached.

AndyF...you have a 65 don't you? What setup are you using?

Quote:

There are dozens of throttle cable lengths if not more. The Master Parts books shows a different cable for almost every engine combination every year. Some engineer kept busy designing new cables every year for some reason.

The issue with the '65 throttle cables is that they have a weird end on the cable. You aren't going to find any of those cables for sale at the usual places, you have to get them built special. Or, swap over to the later style of gas pedal which is a hassle in itself.