08/29/10 11:41 PM
08/29/10 11:41 PM
Roseville MN
72swgnr Offline OP
enthusiast
72swgnr  Offline OP
enthusiast

Roseville MN
I going to be throwing together a CHEAP stock stroke 360 using the stock crank,rods,heads. Heads will be gone through and will be using aftermarket valves. I dont remember what heads they are but the engine came out of a cordoba or something like that. Pistons will be some cheap aftermarket KB's (unless someone else knows of something better quench wise thats still in the same price range) the 190's claim to have a quench of .050 Like I said if anyone has a better piston with better quench for around the same price I'm all ears. Now for my main question whats everyones opinions on these two intakes. 1: RPM Air-Gap and 2: Weiand Stealth High-Rise. I hear everyone talk about the air-gap but havent heard too much about the weiand.

This engine will be going into my '65 dart until I get the rest of the car mostly finished then my father and I will be building a stroker for it.

Any advice on the intakes and pistons would be great.

Re: pros cons of these two small block intakes? [Re: 72swgnr] #787604
08/29/10 11:55 PM
08/29/10 11:55 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
To get proper quench with those pistons and open chamber heads you still need to mill the heads, you just gots to measure your pistons out of the hole and how deep your chambers are, unless you machine the chambers them self your quench numbers will be all over the place. You could plunge cut the chambers to even out the quench numbers then mill the head but you would be light years ahead with magnum heads at that point. I really like quench motors but I am not gonna go through all that work to make it happen.

As for the intake, probably only a tenth or so differance in a 1/4 mile performance. The RPM air-gap will come out on top but not by much.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!